Idea of 'Naya Raipur' was conceived with the formation of Chhattisgarh state in year 2000.
Soon it was realized that this new state would require a new capital with high - quality infrastructure. Chhattisgarh Government thus conceptualized Naya Raipur as the new capital city, which will not only serve as Administrative Capital but also cater the infrastructural needs of industries in the region. Naya Raipur would not only encapsulate modern infrastructure but also push the envelope of eco-friendly city.
NRDA aims to develop Naya Raipur as an ultramodern 'Green and Smart City'; an eco-friendly city that offers modern amenities for residents and visitors.
- To create servicing hub that provides skilled workforce for manufacturing sector and equipped workforce for Information Technology and Bio Technology Sectors.
- Developing Naya Raipur as financial citadel for the region
- To create a hub of trade and hospitality that begins a new dawn of trade and hospitality at Naya Raipur
- A cultural services hub that gives the favourable environment for local economy to prosper
- To provide easy accessibility to high-quality and affordable medical services
- To develop educational hub that gives youth of Chhattisgarh an opportunity to learn, grow and succeed.